Singers : Singer Auditions
Information about our 2018 Season
will be announced in October
British Youth Opera is the UK's premier company for training new and emerging operatic talent.
It offers valuable opportunities for young singers to receive professional training in all aspects of opera through workshops and masterclasses, and to take part in rehearsals and performances in its annual Summer Season of opera.
BYO's primary purpose is to offer operatic experience to singers who have a serious aim of pursuing careers in opera performance, are at the start of their careers, and are new to the profession.
- To that end, in selecting singers for audition, BYO will give preference to applications from singers of any nationality who are studying full-time at a music college in the United Kingdom.
- BYO will also consider applications from singers who are about to start, or who have recently finished, such study in the United Kingdom.
- BYO may, at its discretion, consider applications from other singers resident in the UK, where such applications contain evidence that the applicant has a serious aim of pursuing a career in opera performance, is at the start of his or her career, and is new to the profession.
- All applications must be counter-signed by the applicant's singing teacher or vocal coach, confirming that the applicant would benefit from and is suitable for a training place with BYO.
- British Youth Opera is a training organisation; successful candidates do not pay to participate in the Summer Season (for which a contribution towards subsistence will be given) or the Opera Workshops.
- Accommodation in London can be provided for a limited number of successful applicants who would otherwise be unable to participate.
British Youth Opera regrets that it is unable to provide feedback on auditions and reserves the right to alter the proposed programme.