Assistant Production Managers
APPLICATIONS FOR ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGERS WILL BE OPEN IN FEBRUARY.
Please check back again for further details.
BYO’s Summer Season productions offer one position for an Assistant Production Manager, who will assist the Production Manager throughout the season. Applicants should be at the start of their careers, and have a particular interest in production management.
The Assistant Production Manager will work with a professional Production Manager throughout the process of our Summer Season productions.
The Assistant Production Manager’s responsibilities include:
- attending design / costing meetings
- meetings with the construction companies
- research into any special requirements for productions
- attending weekly production meetings
- attending final run-throughs in the rehearsal room
- assisting the Production Manager in running budgets and drafting schedules
- attending get-in, fit-up and rehearsals in theatre
- running selected rehearsals if required
- after the first night: taking sole charge of ensuring the smooth running of rehearsals, cover showings, performances and get-out.
British Youth Opera is the UK’s premier company for training new and emerging operatic talent. It offers valuable opportunities for young singers to receive professional training in all aspects of opera through workshops and master classes, and to take part in rehearsals and performances in its annual Summer Season of opera at the Peacock Theatre in London.
BYO’s primary purpose is to offer operatic experience to those who have a serious aim of pursuing careers in opera performance, are at the start of their careers, and are new to the profession.
BYO is a training organisation; successful candidates do not pay to participate in the Summer Season (for which a contribution towards subsistence will be given).
British Youth Opera regrets that it is unable to provide feedback on interviews or auditions and reserves the right to alter the proposed repertoire.